Volunteering for Gig Buddies will hopefully be an easy and enjoyable experience, but it’s important to understand the commitment required and safeguarding procedures that you’ll need to adhere to.
Volunteers are matched to one Gig Buddy, with whom they will attend events in and around Bristol. Volunteers are expected to commit to at least one event per month with their Gig Buddy, and to meet once per month for a coffee to plan their event for the month. We will also arrange socials for all volunteers and participants to attend!
Here are the stages of the application process:
- You can start the application process by filling in the Gig Buddies Volunteer Application Form and sending it to email@example.com.
- Once we have received this, we will set you up on the DBS system and you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete this.
- Once we have set you up on the DBS system, we will also email you a personal information and reference form to complete.
- Upon completion of the DBS check and reference check, we will arrange for you to attend an interview, either via video chat or in person.
- Successful applicants will be invited to a training session at Exchange. These will be one day courses.
- Upon completion of the Gig Buddies training, you will be eligible to be matched with a Gig Buddy!
It’s worth being aware that there are many reasons why you won’t get matched with a Gig Buddy, or why we won’t ask you to progress to Gig Buddies training at that point. Maybe you love free form jazz, and we’ve been inundated with volunteers who love free form jazz shows! Maybe we just haven’t been able to find the right Gig Buddy for you. We will keep your contact information for as long as you are happy for us to, and will always be working to match you up with a Gig Buddy as soon as it’s possible.